Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The First of Many Things About Me: For My Boys

Today I read a blog titled "30 Things My Kids Should Know About Me." I read it and thought it would be something really cool for my kids to have about me some day. At least I think it is cool. They might think I am a dork. Well, I kind of am a dork, so I guess they would be right on!

I do not usually make new year's resolutions. But this year, I would like to answer all of these for my boys (and maybe more) in 2013. There have been too many events lately that have made me realize just how precious life is, and how quickly it can end. Although my plan is to be around a long time and to be an awesome grandma and spoil my grand kids, I want to take the opportunity to leave a legacy anytime I can.

Anyway, here are the 30 things the author suggested:

1. List 20 random facts about yourself.

2. Describe three legitimate fears that you have and how they became fears.

3. Describe your relationship with your spouse.

4. List 10 things you would tell your 16-year-old self, if you could go back in time.

5. What are the 5 things that make you the most happy right now.

6. If you could have three wishes, what would you wish for?

7. What is your dream job, and why?

8. What are 5 passions you have.

9. List 10 people who have influenced you and how.

10. Describe your most embarrassing moment.

11. Describe 10 pet peeves you have.

12. Describe a typical day in your current life.

13. What's the hardest part of growing up?

14. Describe 5 weaknesses and strengths you have.

15. Describe when you knew your spouse was the one and how you fell in love.

16. What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?

17. What is the thing you most wish you were great at?

18. What do you think your spouse loves most about you?

19. How did you feel about the moment you became a parent?

20. Describe 3 significant memories from your childhood.

21. Describe your relationship with your parents.

22. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?

23. What is your favorite holiday and why?

24. What's your favorite and least favorite thing about childhood?

25. If you could have dinner with anyone in history, who would it be and what would you eat and why?

26. What popular notion do you think the world has most wrong?

27. What is your favorite part of your body and why?

28. What's your favorite quality about your spouse and why?

29. What are your hopes and dreams for your prosperity?

30. List 10 things for which you hope to be remembered.

I reserve the right to answer these questions partially, completely, randomly and out of order. But I am going to post this as a way to hold myself accountable to write. The blogs will be written to my sons, Ryan (11) and Will (8).

Thanks for reading.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment